4.09.2009

winter shenanigans


Well, so it's not winter any more. I know, I know. But before it gets too warm outside, allow me to present pictures from the first annual winter accessory sewing extravaganza!

Take me, two sewing machines, and five girls without much sewing experience and voila! Party! What better way to usher in the long months of winter than with a fire, hot cocoa and cookies, and a few yards of fleece?

This really was a great time--we'll definitely have to do it again. I had a surprising amount of fun as an "instructor," and I think it's safe to say the girls all had fun too! One thing I did fail to realize, however, was the secret difficulty of mittens. True, this pattern only requires about four seams, but one of them is the thumb curve--not the easiest for a novice. But everyone tried with a wonderfully cheerful spirit, and everyone left that night with something wearable. And a little sugar buzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment