11.20.2009

patterns galore



You know what I really need? I really need a better way to store my patterns.

I have a lot. A lot, a lot.

Ok, maybe I'm a pattern junkie.

But I paid full price for NONE of them. I swear. I probably paid ten cents or a quarter for about half of them. Thift stores! There's not much better than vintage patterns. And  I got quite a few for free. If I do succumb in the store, I only buy when they're less than two dollars.

Because who knows when I'll need a pattern for a halter dress from 1947?! Maybe tomorrow! Remember the red print dress I just made this fall? Rummage sale pattern! Ten cents. Booyah. And the pattern on the left--yep. Made that one too. It swings like a mad cat.

Still, I've got two desk drawers full of patterns, and they're hard to keep organized. Of course, I like looking through them so it's no hardship, but there must be a better way. Some sort of binder system? Patterns can be kind of thick, though, and it would be best if I could easily see the front and back of each envelope.

All six dozen of them. No--maybe it's more like fifty. Well...ok, I'm not sure. Less than a hundred.

I need help. Does anyone have any ideas? (Help with organizing patterns. Geez, you guys!)

No comments:

Post a Comment