7.27.2010

busy summer

Poor, neglected blog. Well, it's summer, so I have been spending less time sewing and more time outside lately. But I have been performing a few small acts of sewing mayhem...
First, my new swimsuit cover up. It was fabric love at first sight. And thanks to a retro two-piece pattern...
Voila!













And then I took some time for a frivolous little white skirt...just perfect for hot summer days! It was supposed to be a one-day project...
But it took longer than it was supposed to, of course. I had to figure out my own liner. Version one was a failure, but version two effectively masks even brown and orange striped underwear. Business. And I had to re-cut the waistband so it would sit right. The back half is elastic, and the front is drawstring. Less bulk, more comfort. And cute as all get out!






And finally, check this new version of my tie-skirt! Yep, it's a mini! No--not for me. Custom order.
I don't usually like minis, but I must say it is quite stellar. Super cute butt shot!
















No comments:

Post a Comment